Taking a closer look at my new bullet journal.
In case you missed it, I finished filling up my first bullet journal at the end of October. I’m excited to be able to show off my new one — which I’ve already started to use a little differently.
Here’s what I’m currently using in this bullet journal:
A pre-cover cover page: this includes an assortment of stickers, sticker photos, cards and some washi tape.
A cover page I decorated myself: This is also known as my “getting to know me” page. I’m really proud of how this page turned out. It includes how old I am, how old I’ll be turning in April of 2019, along with what I currently do for a living, what I like to do in my spare time — and of course, who my favourite person is. (My husband, duh.)
A condensed table of contents: I’ve decided to only keep track of the important portions of my bullet journal, because the last time I used the table of contents, I ran out of room. I use the table of contents pages (there are only two pre-printed in the Leuchtturm 1917) to denote pages such as expenses lists, monthly cover pages, and where the weeklies for each month begin.
An assortment of lists & tracker pages, including:
- A cleaning list: separate lists for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and twice-a-year tasks;
- A birthday tracker: so that I don’t forget when people are celebrating their birthdays — great for looking at at a glance;
- A goals page (for 2018, as well as 2019): these include doodles of my top eight goals for 2018 and 2019;
- A daily routine (this is the first version): what my days typically look like;
- A quotes page: my favourite sayings, song lyrics, book passages and more;
- A book tracker: each book I’ve read gets added to the shelves; my goal is to fill up the entire thing before my bullet journal is finished;
- A movie tracker: for all the movies I’ve seen from the start to the finish of my bullet journal;
- A year-in-pixels tracker: I colour in each day with a corresponding colour. By the end of the year, it will look like a total mosaic!
- A step counter tracker: my goal is to walk 12,000 steps each day. Each time I do that, a square gets coloured in;
- A savings tracker: each balloon holds a dollar amount. Each time I put away money corresponding to the amount, I colour a balloon in!
A favourite music page: my taste in music is all over the place, but I’ve highlighted my current favourites and have given them a home over two pages. Right now I enjoy music from CHVRCHES, Blackpink, a-ha, Fleetwood Mac, Psy, Louis the Child, The Chainsmokers, Deadmau5 & Lights.
A finances cover page: the image I used actually comes from the Deadmau5 video for “Monophobia.” This actually received a lot of reaction on Instagram, which was pretty cool!
A why-I-love-Fall page: this two-page spread has been a great mood booster, especially since I deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Any time I’m not feeling my best, I flip to this section, read it, and most days it works as a mood booster.
If you’d like to see the full walkthrough, be sure to check out the corresponding video! (You can also find it at the very top of this post.)
How did you start your second bullet journal? Leave me a comment below!
Leave a Reply