Social media has become a bit of a circus: I do enjoy it from time-to-time, but I do not enjoy the harassment aspect of it. And no one should have to.
Unfortunately there are people out there who love to troll; who love to read posts while taking things out of context — even if said context is there.
I have a very strict social media policy that applies to all my social media accounts, including my Twitter.
You will be reported, muted and blocked if:
- You constantly message me to follow you.
- You send me direct messages about things I have posted taken completely out of context.
- You are disrespectful to interact with — whether that’s interacting with me, or I see you’re being disrespectful to someone else.
- You send me spam or anything that looks like a potential virus.
- You are a bot account.
- You send messages that make zero attempt to make normal conversation (because this usually means you’re a bot account).
I do not remove blocks — even if you request to be removed — so just do the right thing and treat people with respect on social media. 🙂